- Blog Home
- Hangover Help
Written By Selinger Chiropractic on September 21, 2017
Hangover HelpDr. Selinger makes it clear that he does not condone the use of alcohol or drugs, but he knows there are times many of us may over indulge. “Alcohol can cause a lot of health problems, it can also cause car wrecks, it can cause liver damage and unwanted hook ups,” the Lake Worth and Palm Beach chiropractor says. “But I know a lot of people are going to be out there drinking and I have some tips to alleviate some of the hangover symptoms you're going to be feeling the next day.”
Here are his tops tips for dealing with the pain of a hangover:
- Don't drink more than one drink per hour.
- Make sure you drink a lot of water. When you drink, you dehydrate your body. Water will help you hydrate.
- Avoid coffee. Caffeine is a diuretic - what that will do is add to your dehydration and increase the symptoms of the hangover.
- Sweat it out. You can go for a brisk walk, sweating some of the toxins out of your body is going to be helpful. Don't overdo it though. And make sure you do this when you've had a lot of water.
- Avoid pain killers. Painkillers such as Tylenol have acetaminophen which is bad for your liver. Your liver has been working overtime. We don't want to put fuel on the fire. So try to avoid that.
- Take vitamins - especially B6, and vitamin C. They're going to help you as well.
- Eat fruit. Fruit has fructose which is helpful in metabolizing alcohol.
- Snack while you're drinking. This is going to also help you.
- Make sure you sleep in, get enough rest. Lay in a dark room because light can increase the effects of a headache.
- Be safe, be healthy and make sure you don't do any David Hasselhoff impersonations because, look, YouTube videos last forever.
Most importantly, if you are going to indulge, don't under any circumstances drink and drive! Dr. Selinger has seen patients injured because of a drunk driver. As a car accident chiropractor, he can help some of them - but not all.
If you think you have been injured in a car accident, you can rely on Dr. Selinger, a leadingchiropractor in Lake Worth. In addition to chiropractic adjustments, Dr. Selinger also offers deep tissue massage in Lake Worth from his offices at 7749 Lake Worth Road. He also provides acupuncture for Lake Worth area patients. Dr. Selinger has helped patients suffering from pinched nerve pain, shooting leg pain in Lake Worth, back and neck pain. Lake Worth area residents don't have to live with pain (unless, perhaps, they are severely hung over - and then it's only temporary.)